Pregnant woman beaten to death in Masindi

The couple slept in separate beds, and tragically, Birungi was found dead the next morning.

Masindi: Police in Masindi are investigating circumstances surrounding the death of a three-month-old pregnant woman.

Felista Birungi, early 20’s, lost her life under distressing circumstances.

According to reports, she was allegedly beaten by her husband’s nephew, Jack Kirungi, after she reported him for harvesting a neighbor’s avocados.

This heartbreaking event occurred on Thursday, April 18, 2024, around 6 p.m. in Kyema Kibaja Cell, Kihuuba Ward, Karujubu Division, Masindi Municipality.

Charles Mukonyezi, the deceased’s paternal uncle, shared that he received the devastating news on Friday, April 19, 2024.

On Thursday April 18, 2024, the deceased’s husband, Robert Tusabe, returned from work around 10 p.m., and Birungi informed him about the assault by Kirungi.

She was not feeling well at the time. The couple slept in separate beds, and tragically, Birungi was found dead the next morning.

Jafari Kyamanywa, the area LC1 chairman, confirmed the incident and reported that the suspect, Kirungi, was arrested on Friday, April 19, 2024. He is currently detained at Masindi Central Police Station to assist with investigations.

Kyamanywa also urged residents to seek peaceful ways of resolving misunderstandings rather than resorting to violence.

As of now, Birungi’s lifeless body remains at the Masindi district general hospital mortuary, awaiting a postmortem examination.

Unfortunately, Julius Allan Hakiza, the Albertine Regional Police Spokesperson, could not be reached for comment at the time of publication.

In relation to the above, Police in Kanungu has detained Annet Sunday over alleged murder of her husband, George Mpabuka, both residents of Mashoko Cell Rushaka Parish Nyamirama Sub County Kanungu district.

It’s alleged that, on the night of April 18, 2024, the deceased was strangled and assaulted to death, and his body was placed in the children’s bedroom of his house, where it was found lying in a pool of blood with marks of violence.

According to Kigezi Regional Police Spokesperson, ASP Elly Maate, the police were informed, a crime scene was visited and documented, and that’s when the wife was arrested to assist in investigations after she failed to give a full account of what befell the husband.

The postmortem was done, and the hunt to arrest Twinamatsiko Yosia, the son of the deceased who took off, is underway.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button

You cannot copy content of this page