Man suffocates to death, girlfriend left unconscious

They were recovered by workmates.

Kagadi: An eighteen-year-old man has been discovered dead and his girlfriend in critical condition after suffocating inside their house.

The couple was discovered on Wednesday, May 15, 2024, in their house in Kagadi Taxi Park Cell, Kagadi Town Council, Kagadi District.

They were recovered by workmates.

The deceased has been identified as Derick Gonzaga, a chapatti baker along Kabalega Street in Kagadi Taxi Park Cell, Kagadi Town Council, but comes from Katooke in Kyenjojo District.

The identities of the girl friend were not captured by press time.

According to Resty Manda, the Officer-In-Charge Crimes Investigations Directorate at Kagadi Central Police Station, upon getting information about the tragedy, police swiftly intervened and tried to save both lives; however, Gonzaga died upon arrival at Kagadi Hospital, but his girlfriend is still critically admitted to the same facility, fighting for her life.

Manda says the couple left a burning charcoal stove preparing beans inside the house as they slept at night.

Manda advises the public to stop leaving charcoal stoves on and inside their houses as they go to sleep to minimize similar sorrowful incidents.

Meanwhile, Kagadi town council LC3 chairperson Geofrey Businge has cautioned parents to look after their children and stop giving them much freedom, as both the deceased and his girlfriend were all young.

He directs all chairpersons of the local council to mount operations and arrest all persons employing young children in their businesses to reduce cases of child labor in the town.

By press time, the body of the deceased had been conveyed to the Kagadi hospital mortuary for a postmortem, also waiting for the relatives to take it for burial.

Do you have an advertisement or article you want to publish? Mail us at or WhatsApp +256757022363.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button

You cannot copy content of this page